MAAT - full membership
If you already have your AAT qualification, you can apply for full AAT membership which gives you access to wealth of opportunity and benefits.
Once elected as a full member you'll be able to use the letters MAAT after your name, representing your professional membership of AAT. The letters confirm that you:
- Are a qualified finance professional
- Have gained relevant work experience
- Are keen to excel and progress further in your career.
Read more about the benefits of full membership
Being a professional member (MAAT) is increasingly the decisive factor for any organisation looking to employ the best available accounting and finance staff.
Becoming a MAAT can boost your anticipated earnings beyond those of non-members with the AAT qualification, bringing greater responsibility, job satisfaction and personal and career rewards that typify AAT.
- The letters MAAT after your name - show employers you are committed to your career and professional development.
- Continuing professional development (CPD) - cultivate hard-won skills and remain at the top of your professional game.
- Free AAT events - including branch and Connect events where you can meet like-minded professionals in your area.
- Exclusive rates for our renowned and respected mastercourses - engage with professional speakers who deliver their expertise on a range of accountancy and financial issues.
- Online services - access blogs and podcasts featuring professional speakers and key AAT members, together with dedicated e-learning resources and more.
- AAT Additions - our exclusive membership benefits scheme with discounts on everything from holidays to insurance.
- Access to the scheme for members in practice if you want to become self employed.
If you want to set up your own business or work freelance, join our growing network of over 3,500 professional members, who are self employed as an AAT member in practice (MIP).
Working for yourself, you make the rules: you can be a sole trader, partner or director, choosing which services you offer. You also select the clients you take on and hours you work.
You can operate from home, around your family or carry on part-time in your existing job. All of these advantages can add up to a greater sense of work-life balance.